Getting started with good instruction will provide you with a great base for club climbing.
Your local climbing wall may offer events with instruction to give you a first taste of real rock.
Or check out Plas y Brenin, The National Mountain Centre, as they offer a course specifically designed for you: Moving Out. And we are working with Pure Outdoor in the Peak District, Derbyshire who run open courses. They are running group events for us in May and July.
We understand that the move to outdoor climbing from indoor usually takes more than one course or a single weekend.
Our 2017 events to welcome and support climbers new to outdoors :
- Sat April 8th, a social top roping event – Bowles’s Rocks 1.5 hours from London (or Sun 9th if 8th is wet)
- Early May Bank Holiday 28 April – May 1 –a ‘post course’ club meet in the Peak District – bouldering, sport and trad climbing all available over the 3 days.
- 1st-2nd July 2017, a 2nd run of the indoor-to-outdoor instructor led training. email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Note that you need to be able to tie in and belay competently to attend. A climbing wall course will get you up to speed.
- A meets list including sport and trad’ climbing throughout the summer (see the Meet Us/ Meets tab: Swanage, North Wales, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Wye Valley) – further support from qualified instructors available with sufficient demand
- Come and talk to one of us at the Castle Climbing wall most Sundays – contact email@example.com to arrange.
- Click Meet us/ Socials to see other ways to meet us.
Or, if you have questions about starting club climbing outside contact firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll be pleased to hear from you.