- This event has passed.
Box Hill Social
October 24, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
So we’re having a bit of trouble with the weather and you-know-what, but how about taking a socially distanced break from your home and join us for a walk?
**Places are now full and therefore closed to further enquiries. We will be contacting attendees by email in the next couple of days!**
Day: Saturday 24th October 2020
Time: 10:30 – 11:00 (finishing before dark! hopefully..)
Station: Box Hill & Westhumble
Trains from London (i.e. for 10:30): London Waterloo (09:24, £12.30) and London Victoria (09:25, £9.70)
Routes: There are three known/recommended routes that loop from the station and back to it – one is quite long (~16km / ~10miles) and the other two slightly shorter (~13km / ~8miles).
This will give you an idea of the possible routes (might not be followed exactly, however): https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/walk/box-hill-circular/
We’ll let the leaders choose the routes but as a request, we’d ask that anyone with a preference please let us know in the response so we can let the leaders know.
With the present health situation, organising a place to eat at the end of the walk will be difficult. We will (at the time of writing) have access to the Box Hill visitor centre kiosks so maybe a picnic is in order! https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/box-hill
As with the previous walk, the groups will be split into six people (including the person leading) and the walk is relatively straightforward. It has steep sections so if you need something to assist walking down/uphill, please bring it. Also bring a head torch, just in case.
If you are interested in joining us please email the social secretary: email@example.com
Please include your route length preference – 16km (10miles) / 13km (8miles) / Don’t mind!
Closer to the date, I will send out an official form out that will include the relevant COVID-19 questions. If you’d like to review the COVID-19 statements and questions we will send out, please see the below:
– We must cap the social to 30 people and along with the BMC recommendations, aim to split groups into 6 people per group.
– Please do not share food or drink unless you’re already in a household or in a support bubble with that person. It’s tempting, but please try not to!
– Bring (extra) face masks for any enclosed spaces and close contact situations. We encourage attendees to wear them outside of these situations too.
– We cannot accept anyone who turns up on the day.
– We will hold onto contact details in line with regulations and inform attendees if there is a report of COVID-19 post-event (keeping the reporting persons anonymous).
Please (please…) note that we can only organise this meet if everyone sticks to the guidance and rules in particular you must be able now and before the trip be able to confirm:
– I do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 (new persistent dry cough, fever, loss of taste or smell)
– I have not had a positive test for COVID-19 or onset of symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. (Individuals who have completed their period of isolation (10 days) and have no remaining symptoms (other than a dry cough or loss of taste or smell which can last for some time) may return to normal activities)
– No member of my household has had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
– I have not been contacted by a contact tracer from the Test, Trace and Protect Programme and told to isolate in the last 14 days as a contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19
– I have not returned from a country outside of the UK in the last 14 days, other than those on the exempt list (https://gov.wales/exemptions-