- This event has passed.
Cancelled: Harrison’s Catch Up
April 10 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Update, 06/04/2021: We have had an amazing response, unfortunately the weather is not on our side.
Based on the current poor weather and feedback on the current status of the sandstone (still damp in many places) we are unlikely to find enough dry stone to climb, particularly as a large group. Therefore the event will need to be cancelled. Please sign up for the event on the 24th when there will hopefully be far better weather.
Subject to any last minute government changes: Date: 10th April 2021 Time: 09:00 to 17:00 Start Location: London Bridge train (to Eridge Railway Station) Those travelling by vehicle should plan to arrive at the parking lot around 10:30. Please contact the Chair (email@example.com) to join for the day. Please also read through the below.
What to bring
- All attendees must have their own climbing shoes and harness. If you have a helmet, you may also bring it. Chalk in excess is not advised in the sandstone areas and please leave your chalk brushes at home.
- If you have have a 30m rope, slings, or carabiners please let us know if you are able to bring them for the day so we can set up routes.
- This is not a training session but we will have experienced members on hand to observe your belaying technique if you are new to the club or you’d like us to observe any rusty skills post-long periods off climbing.
- Outdoor eating facilities will not be open at this time, therefore please remember to bring enough food and water for the day.
- Please don’t forget face masks and hand sanitiser for when you need to share equipment or be in close contact. All attendees are encouraged to ask each other to wear face masks in closer contact conditions.
We will not be accepting any on-the-day arrivals and require attendees to fill out a form prior to the event. Therefore you must be in contact with us from at least a few days before.
(Lockdown) Organised Outdoor Sports Activities Guidance (Updated 28/03/2021):
From the 29th March, Clubs are able to run organised sports activities. There are no official limitations outlines by the Government, Sports England, or the BMC.
We will continue to apply social distancing rules as expected for everyone and to assist in maintaining attendee safety we may have a rough limit of 30 attendees. This includes reserving around five places for experienced members who can act as responsible persons if the event needs to split into smaller groups.
This is subject to changes in recommendations from Sports England and the BMC.