- This event has passed.
Social Climb: New Members Outdoor Intro Meet
April 24, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for a session at Harrison’s Rocks!
All members and prospective members are invited. Those of you who have never met us or climbed with us are please requested to get into contact with the Membership Secretary, Marie, with details of your climbing experience: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not a training event – belaying will be tested at the start of the sessions. You’re expected to bring your own shoes, harnesses, and if you prefer helmet. Please keep the next day or weekend free in case of poor weather. If you can’t yet tie in and belay, ask about short courses at your local roped climbing wall, to get you up to speed.
Members are requested to let us know if they’re available to assist with the day with equipment and setting up lines. Subject to any last minute government changes.
Date: 24th April 2021
London Bridge 09:07 train to Eridge, climbing is expected end around 16:00. Many of us will head to the pub next to the station for an outdoor post-climb dinner. Please let us know if intend to join us for this.
London Bridge to Eridge Railway Station
***Update 18/04/2021: It is looking like Southern Railway has engineering work planned (click here for details) and those travelling via public transport may have to travel via a slightly different route. The best route I could identify as an alternative:
Part 2: Taxi OR bus 29 to Brighton from “War Memorial Q” to Eridge Station.***
Those travelling by private vehicle should plan to arrive around 10:45. Maybe a bit earlier if they wish!
Please contact the Chair (email@example.com) to join for the day. Please also read through the below.
What to bring
- All attendees must have their own climbing shoes and harness. If you have a helmet, you may also bring it. Chalk in excess is not advised in the sandstone areas and please leave your chalk brushes at home.
- If you have have a 30m rope, slings, or carabiners please let us know if you are able to bring them for the day so we can set up routes.
- This is not a training session but we will have experienced members on hand to observe your belaying technique if you are new to the club or you’d like us to observe any rusty skills post-long periods off climbing.
- Outdoor eating facilities will not be open at this time, therefore please remember to bring enough food and water for the day.
- Please don’t forget face masks and hand sanitiser for when you are travelling on public transport, need to share equipment, or be in close contact. All attendees are encouraged to ask each other to wear face masks in closer contact conditions.
We will not be accepting any on-the-day arrivals and require attendees to fill out a form prior to the event. Therefore you must be in contact with us from at least a few days before.
(Lockdown) Organised Outdoor Sports Activities Guidance (Updated 28/03/2021):
From the 29th March, Clubs are able to run organised sports activities. There are no official limitations outlines by the Government, Sports England, or the BMC.
We will continue to apply social distancing rules as expected for everyone and to assist in maintaining attendee safety we may have a rough limit of 30 attendees. This includes reserving around five places for experienced members who can act as responsible persons if the event needs to split into smaller groups.
This is subject to changes in recommendations from Sports England and the BMC.